This is a PDF download licensed for personal use only - read full licence terms.
These Guidelines for Clinical Psychology Services have been produced by the Division of Clinical Psychology (DCP) to establish and disseminate national standards for clinical psychology services.
The aim is to provide guidance and direction on the standards of service provision. The guidelines assimilate wider professional policy documents and may, therefore, serve as a useful glossary of professional guidelines to consider when working with/within a psychological service.
As well as providing a benchmark for local services to review, the document may be used to inform communications with managers, commissioners, other professionals and service users.
Policies and Context
- Working Psychologically in Teams
- Professional Responsibility (HPC)
- Leadership in Psychological Services
- Marketing Psychological Services
- Ill Served Communities
- Assistant Psychologists and Trainee Psychologists
Law and Statute
- The Mental Health Act - England & Wales
- The Mental Capacity Act - England & Wales
- Mental Health (Care and Treatment) (Scotland) Act 2003
- Adults with Incapacity (Scotland) Act 2000
Clinical Work and Case Management
- Record Keeping
- Working with Vulnerable Client Groups
- Working Environment
- Capturing Outcomes (Clinical Effectiveness)
- Supervision Arrangements
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Research and Service Development
- Service Development
- Key areas for audit